With the large-scale/intensive development of chicken farming, more and more chicken farmers choose battery cage system. This is because battery cage system has the following advantages:
- Increase the stocking density. The density of three-dimensional chicken cages is more than 3 times higher than that of horizontal cages, and the laying hens can raise more than 17 per square meter.
- Save feed. The chickens are kept in cages, so the amount of exercise is reduced, the energy consumption is less, and the waste of material is reduced.
- The chickens do not touch the feces, which is beneficial to the epidemic prevention of the chickens.
- The eggs are relatively clean, which can eliminate the eggs outside the nest.
However, many farmers do not know the processing technology of chicken cages. How can they choose chicken cages with good quality and long life? In automated chicken raising equipment, chicken cages are more important for direct contact with chickens. At present, there are 4 kinds of raw materials of layr chicken cages with production processes on the market for chicken farmers to choose:
- Cold galvanized. Cold galvanizing, also called electro-galvanizing, has a thin galvanized layer. The advantages of cold galvanizing are smooth surface and high brightness, but it is generally used for 2-3 years of rust and 6-7 years of life.
- Hot-dip galvanizing. The thickness of the galvanized layer is generally more than 80μm. It is generally not easy to rust and has high corrosion resistance. Generally it can be used for 15-20 years, but the disadvantage is that it is dipped in the galvanizing bath. Uneven, causing many burrs, requiring manual processing in the later stage. Hot-dip galvanized chicken cages are the first choice for automated farming, but generally the price is higher than others.
- Spray the chicken cage. The powdered paint is adsorbed to the cage by the gravitational force of high-voltage static electricity, forming a high corrosion resistance phosphate film between the chicken cage and the paint, but the sprayed chicken cage is more likely to stick to the chicken manure. It is easy to old and fall off. This kind of chicken cage is relatively rare in the market, and the market is relatively small.
- Zinc aluminum alloy chicken cage. Zinc-aluminum alloy wire is used for direct welding, and no process treatment will be done in the later stage. This kind of chicken cage net has relatively high welding requirements. If the welding is not good, the solder joints will rust. If the process is well mastered, the life span generally reaches more than 10 years. Most of the imported chicken farming equipment uses this kind of mesh.